Volunteers are an invaluable part of the Carers Gloucestershire team. They contribute in a variety of ways, ranging from administration support to outreach projects.
It’s difficult to generalise about volunteers experiences with us because they are so varied. However, we can give you some idea based on comments by current volunteers:
“I had some spare time, so decided to spend it offering something useful to the community”
- the time given by volunteers varies from an hour or two per month to a couple of hours per week.
“From my experiences as a Carer, I felt I had something to share”
- about two-thirds of our volunteers are, or have been, Carers. The others have no direct experience as a Carer.
“Through volunteering I have re-discovered my skills and regained my confidence”
- people volunteer for all sorts of reasons and there are opportunities to become as involved as you want.
Click here to read some personal accounts of volunteer experiences.
Whatever people do as volunteers we aim:
- to provide introductory support to start volunteering
- to provide adequate information, training and assistance for you to feel confident and comfortable in your role
- to give friendly, supportive supervision and feedback
- to help with any difficulties you may have whilst volunteering with us
- to help you develop your volunteering role with us
- to value your contribution to the organisations objectives
- to take seriously any comments you make about the roles in which you are involved
For information about all current volunteer opportunities please tick the 'details about volunteering' box on the online support form below.